Institutional Distressed Bond Trader, Bestselling Author
Legendary insider, thought-provoking and always timely, Larry McDonald delivers captivating views on the Financial Crisis, the European Sovereign Debt Crisis, and the impending Bond Bubble.
His own risk indicators and risk management lessons are designed for Family Offices, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Multi-Family Offices, and any investment group hoping to avoid the dangerous pitfalls in the post-Lehman markets.
Latest Market Calls:
- In 2006, he called the impending subprime mortgage crisis
- In 2007, he led the team at Lehman Brothers, and bet against the subprime market, and made over $2 billion for Lehman Brothers before its demise.
- In 2008, correctly predicted the crash of the oil and commodity markets.
- In March 2009, correctly called the market bottom.
- In February 2010, was one of the first to identify Greece as the biggest threat to the global economic recovery.
- In May of 2011, warned against the choppy waters the world would experience that summer, when the markets eventually crashed by 10%.
- In June 2012, he accurately predicted live on CNBC that investors should remain long volatility, and light on US equities.
- On July 25th, 2012, Sandy Weill, Former Head of Citibank, which breached Glass-Steagall, admits on CNBC this was a major mistake. The entire prologue of Lawrence McDonald’s book, Colossal Failure of Common Sense, 2009, was devoted to an attack on the politicians and bankers who took that Act down.
Larry McDonald’s Topics:
- Troubles of the Financial Industry
- U.S. Economic Recovery
- Global Economic Outlook: 2012 and Beyond
- What the European Debt Crisis means for Global Markets
- The Rise of Emerging Market Economies
- Risk Management
- The Latest political risks from D.C. on Financial Reform and Corporate Governance
McDonald is also the New York Times bestselling author of “A Colossal Failure of Common Sense: The Inside Story of the Collapse of Lehman Brothers,” where it remains to be one of the best business selling books in the world.
McDonald has access to some of the world’s most talented leaders and is provided with privileged information. Among them are White House Advisors, Congressmen, Senators, Hedge Fund Managers and Fortune 500 Executives. He was featured in the Academy Award winning documentary, Inside Job, and is a frequent guest on Bloomberg TV and Radio, CNBC and Fox Business.